Saturday 27 December 2008

Guitar Hero III

Not normally my cup of tea
I can't say that I'm too fond of its current incarnation (my living room is not big enough), but this version has enough charm to be a good play.


It wasn't meant for me, originally
I bought for the Xbox 360 as a present for my fiancé this Christmas. Currently we can't put the wireless control down.

Normal playing habits
I tend to play a lot of games, but most of them have a story. Now this version of Guitar Hero (my only real experience of the series) does some nice little bits put in, mostly with still pictures that are quite comic book-esque in style. The two tutors in the training modes also add a nice air to the piece, but are the only characters that have any depth in the game.

Room for improvement
Personally, I think the game's career mode (that has the comic book thing going on) would have been better with cut scenes similar to what can be found in Tony Hawk's Underground (THUG) 1 & 2. In fact, this would be quite doable, seeing as how both series are made by Neversoft.

Dexterity issues
As to playing this game, it's pretty well made, and admittedly I've only have the dexterity to play on Easy mode. To get quite good at this game, you've got to have a lot of free time on hand.

I want a second guitar
The most annoying thing about this game is that unless you have a second guitar controller you can't really play co-op career mode or battle mode against a friend. So you need to fork out for another controller.

Party game
I do recommend this game however, it's a lot of fun to play. Definitely a party game.

Related links
Official Guitar Hero site
Neversoft's web site

No comments:

Post a Comment