Thursday 19 February 2009

I'm not going to criticise this anymore...

... until I've read it
Yes, I am going to get hold of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series and read the damn novels before I try to criticise it any further.

How do you...
Yeah, yeah, OK so I've been doing a typical critic thing on a podcast I contribute to, and I've been criticising the movie and the novels without having properly experienced them in any way or form. Seeing how the movie isn't on at the cinema any more, I'll get hold of the novels first.

But you're not a teenager!
True, but it wasn't that long ago that I still was, and I do have experience in reading novels aimed at teenagers, and vampire fiction, so I'm used to it in general. Shouldn't be too hard to get through, well I hope it won't be.

Exactly why are you doing this?
It has become an aim on this podcast (see links below for site), for us to not talk about things that no one has seen, played or read. So I will take the fall, and I will read these novels. I'm taking one for the team.

Podcast?
Well, I say podcast, but it's not going to be for much sooner. We're working on turning it into a vodcast (having video instead of just sound), we have the equipment and editing facilites and the technical know how, and we've finally come up with a format as well.

Related links
Stephenie Meyer's official website on Twilight
Wiki entry on Twilight series
Caster's Kitchen podcasts on Cornish Sci-Fi Supplement

No comments:

Post a Comment